(一) Wage & Time
1. Acceptable timing records
- ① IC swipe card timing recordsIC.
- ② Paper card timing records with signatures from employees monthly.
- ③ Manual timing records with accurate starting and ending time (including overtime recording), and signed by employees daily.
2. Notice in timecard preparing
- ① There should be no 7 consecutive working day records不能有連續7天上班記錄。
- ② Total work days, total overtime hours and total overtime hours on rest days should be clearly stated in the timecard for easy checking.
- ③ The total overtime hours should not exceed 36 hours per month if the factory has no Overtime Waiver from local labor bureau; On condition that the factory has got the document from the labor bureau, the overtime hours can reach as much as 72 hours per month (Regular 8 hours plus 2 hours of overtime from Monday to Friday, 8 hours for Saturday and rest on Sunday).
若沒有向勞動局申請延長加班的批文，則加班時間每月不能超過36 小時，若申請加班批文后，每月加班時間可以達到72 小時（周一至周五，每天正常上班8 小時，加班2 小時，周六加班8 小時，周日休息）。
- ④ There should be no united timing records on timecards, i.
e., unvaried starting time and ending time for several consecutive days for the several employees.
It is suggested that the payroll is calculated on the basis of timerate which is easier to be carried out, while piece-rate pay is troublesome, especially the overtime pay of piece-rate.
- ① The payroll form can be designed in accordance with practical situations, but overtime compensation should be separated from regular working time pay.
- ② Close attention should be paid to deductions in payroll, if any. For example each worker will be deducted RMB 100 per month as housing charge. Now supposed 8 workers share a room, then the factory will charge every room RMB 800 per month. If the local rent of room at the same level is more than RMB 800month, then the deduction in this factory is reasonable; if the local rent of room at the same level is less than RMB 800month, then the deduction is unreasonable, and the factory has to reduce the deduction until acceptable.
工資表內若涉及扣款，則要注意所扣款數是否合理，例如：扣員工住宿費每人每月100 元，每個房間8 人，則工廠每月每個房間就收員工800 元的房租. 若同一等級的房間在當地的租金高于800元月，則工廠的扣款是合理的; 若同一等級的房間在當地的租金低于800 元，則工廠的扣款就不合理，那么工廠就要減少扣款數至合理。
- ③ There should be signatures on the payroll from workers.
- ④ Date indicating wage paid should be clearly stated on the cover of payroll. Wage must be paid every month within 30 days. Example Wage of July must be paid before August 30th.
工資表上要有發工資日期。工廠不能壓工人工資超過30 天，例如8 月30 日前應該發完7 月份的工資。
(二) Personnel Files
1. Accession Register
- ① Contents of accession register include but not limit to name, date of birth, address, ID number, signature, date of accession, photo, ID copy, contact phone number, resume, etc.
- ② In time renew of expired ID.
- ③ Date of accession or date of form filling should not be any rest day on timecard.
- ④ Make sure that all candidates used their own genuine ID cards for accession registration.
- ⑤ Methods used in verifying ID cards A. Log on Internet via httpwww.lxsk.comidcard.aspx or download Idcard.exe file via www.u-jian.com, input the suspicious ID number and then they will tell you the result.
分辯身份證真假的方法有：a. 資料網上復核：httpwww.lxsk.comidcard.aspx 或到www.u-jian.com 下載Idcard.exe 文件，安裝后，輸入身份證號碼即可知真偽。
2. Labor Contract
- ① Contracts should be signed immediately when employed and should be validated back within one month from the local labor bureau.
- ② Close attention should be paid to the signing date that must not be rest days on timecard; also, the validated date from local labor bureau MUST not be weekends or statutory holidays.
- ③ Probation period in Labor Contract No probation period for re-signed contracts; no longer than one month probation period for one-year-termed contract for fresh workers.
- ④ The minimum allowance for downtime should be in compliance with the local regulations and rules.
- ⑤ A copy of signed and validated labor contract should be offered to signatories.
3. Juvenile Employee
- ① Juvenile employee refers to laborers older than 16 but younger than 18.
未成年工是指已滿16 周歲但未滿18 周歲的勞動者。
- ② Special physical examination must be carried out for juvenile employees and the factory has to apply and register in the local labor bureau. Kindly find the attached Juvenile Physical Examination Form and Juvenile Employee Registration Form for reference.
- ③ If applicable, it is best to hire adult employees. If there are juvenile employees in the factory, it will be better to let them be off when audited.
- ④ If juvenile employees are allowed to present at the audit, then please re-verify their ID cards.
(三) Social Insurance
- ① Insurance categories include endowment insurance, occupational injury insurance, unemployment insurance, hospitalization insurance and maternity insurance.
- ② If the facility is incapable to buy all the five insurances for all employees (i.
e., insufficient insurance categories or not all employees insured), then the factory must provide the following documents for verification
- A. Proof buying insurance for employees—after tax receipt or insurance-paid receipt from authorized bank.
- B. Proved document offered by the local government saying that your factory has purchased insurance for employees as required. The document must clearly state that how many categories of insurances the factory has bought for how many employees and that this action has fully met the requirements from local government.
(四) Factory Regulations
- ① If any worker violates factory regulations, no fines should be made. It is best to give oral education, warning, etc.
- ② No money or certificates should be required as “Deposits” by the factory.
- ③ Annual leave with pay is suggested to be stipulated in the factory regulations and be reflected in the payroll. 5 days for over one-year but under five-year workers; 7 days for over five-year but under ten-year workers; 10 days for over ten-year but under twenty-year workers and 14 days for over twenty-year workers.
廠規最好能提及帶薪年休假，工作滿一年未滿五年者5 天，滿五年未滿十年者7 天，滿十年未滿二十年者10 天，滿二十年以上者14 天，同時要在工資上反映出來。
(五) Safety & Health
1. Fire Drill
- ① Fire drills in factory and dormitory must be carried out at least once a year, and records including words and photos must be kept.
- ② Fire training records including training time, address, subject, participants, etc, must be kept orderly.
2. Fire Equipments
- ① Fire equipments must be marked visible. For example spraying red paint words of “滅火器” over the location placing fire extinguishers; or “消防栓” over the location placing fire hydrants.
- ② There should be verified certificates from local fire services on fire extinguishers and fire hydrants. Generally, repairing proof or original certificate can serve the function. However, special attentions must be drawn to the period of validity that usually lasts for only one year. For hydrants, annual inspection certificates from local fire department will be required for verification in audit.
- ③ Hydrants must be covered by seals on which there are dates and chops from the factory.
- ④ Periodical exams must be carried out to all fire extinguishers and fire hydrants in the factory. Records of these exams should be kept for verification. Please refer to the attached form.
- ⑤ ABC type of fire extinguisher is recommended. Do not use AB or BC type of fire extinguishers only.
- ⑥ Portable fire extinguishers cannot be placed directly on the floor. They should be hung up by hooks, placed in shelves or case with their bottom higher than 0.
15 meter and their tops lower than 1.
5 meter from the ground.
15 米。一個滅火器配置場所內的滅火器不應少于2 個，每個設置點的滅火器不宜多于5 個。
- ⑦ There should be a closed area with red lines painted on the floor placing fire hydrants or where fire extinguishers are hung up. The closed area must be kept visible and accessible.
3. Aisles, Exits & Emergency Lights
- ① At least 2 exits per floor for both factory buildings and dormitory. Exits should not only be equipped with “Safety Exit” signs and emergency lights, but also be kept clear of blocks.
- ② Emergency lights at every stairwell.
- ③ On the wall of each floor must be posted evacuation plans on which fire extinguishers, fire hydrants, evacuation directions and viewer location must be clearly marked.
- ④ Aisles must be separated from production areas by yellow painted lines, and there should be evacuation arrowheads marked on the aisles.
4. Explosive-proof Lights
- Explosive-proof lights should be adopted in warehouses.
5. Protective Equipments
- ① Protective covers to conveyer belts, open gears, grinding wheels, electric saws, conveyer engines, flywheels, etc. Take sartorius as an example, there should be protective covers to its upper and lower conveyer belts.
- ② There should be metal gloves provided for electric scissors and electric saws operators. Refer to attachment.
- ③ Earplugs must be provided for employees working under the conditions of 85dB.
- ④ Under any of the following circumstances, uniforms or aprons must be provided to workers. Other protective articles such as masks, gloves, hats, leg guards and shoe covers can be provided in consistence with actual needs.
- A. During the operations there might be dangers like burn, scald or injures caused by machines;
- B. Under working conditions of strong radiant or low temperature;
- C. Under noxious, pungent, infective, andor dusty working conditions;
- D. Under corrosive, damp andor dirty working conditions.
- ⑤ Cotton masks, protective glasses and gas mask should be provided for laborers working in conditions of health-harming gas, steam or dust.
- ⑥ Waterproof shoes must be offered to workers standing long on floors with water or other liquids.
6. Broken Needle Records
- ① Broken needles should be recorded in complete set. Miss of any part of broken needles will be considered a violation of social compliance in audit.
- ② Records of broken needles should be updated every day!應該每天記錄斷針情況。
7. Labels & Marks on Electric Switches
- ① Every individual switch must be clearly labeled indicating its functions.
- ② Words of “有電危險” must be marked visible on electricity distribution box.
8. First Aid Kit
- ① At least one first aid kit per independent workshop or 100 workers. All kits must be kept unlocked and accessible.
- ② Following leechdoms must be provided alcohol and drugs with circles in the attached list.
- ③ No oral medicines should be found in the first aid kit.
- ④ here should be a drug list and drug-using records in the first aid kit.
- ⑤ There are also first aid kits宿舍也要設急救箱。
- ① Toilet tissues, soap or hand wash should be provided.
- ② Sufficient private room in the toilets (such as individual doors or separated walls)衛生間應有足夠的私人空間（如設有間隔墻和門）。
- ③ Toilets should be separated by genders.
10. Usage & Storage of Chemicals
- ① All chemicals used and stored should be labeled.
- ② Second containers should be provided for chemicals used or stored.
- ③ Corresponding MSDS should be posted on walls where chemicals are used or stored.